[wp-hackers] Plugin Downloads

Joost de Valk joost at yoast.com
Sat Mar 7 13:28:34 GMT 2009

Hey,

I was playing around with the WordPress.org plugin information API,
which is pretty well documented by dd32 [1]. Based on that I've built
a WordPress Dashboard widget which shows your downloads and ratings:

http://uploads.yoast.com/plugin-downloads-wp.png

I'd like to upload my plugin to WordPress.org, possibly replacing
another one called plugin downloads that no longer works [2]. I've
contacted the author of that plugin to discuss that, but in the mean
time, you can find it here:

http://yoast.com/wordpress/plugin-downloads/

Best,
Joost

[1] http://dd32.id.au/wordpressorg-plugin-information-api-docs/
[2] http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/plugin-downloads/

PS I've also developed a Mint Pepper that does the same:

http://uploads.yoast.com/plugin-downloads.png

If you use Mint and would like to have that Pepper, drop me a line :)