[wp-hackers] Advertising on plugin pages

Arne Brachhold himself at arnebrachhold.de
Tue Mar 3 03:37:22 GMT 2009

Hi Joost,

I think it would be ok to include a IFRAME showing your ad. Then it's
up to the browser separating the different domains and handle security
issues. IMHO better than retrieving ad code via PHP and "try" to
filter out bad things.

Maybe you can add a small link next to the ad which removes it
forever, in case access to you website / adserver is blocked and your
ad causes some delay on every page load. People who would hide your ad
even if it's correctly shown and doesn't cause problems probably won't
ever click on it anyway...

Regards,

  Arne