[wp-hackers] Advertising on plugin pages

Peter Westwood peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk
Sun Mar 1 18:05:58 GMT 2009

On 1 Mar 2009, at 16:43, Joost de Valk wrote:

> Hey,
>
> In my ever ongoing quest to find a way to make some money with all
> my plugins while still keeping them under the GPL and not charge for
> them, I was wondering how the "community" (as in you hackers and the
> ppl from Automattic) would react to advertising on plugins settings
> pages. I'm talking about adding one 125x125 ad spot to the top right
> of my plugins settings pages. Any thoughts?

Dynamic advertising on a page within the admin sounds like a bad idea,
you are injecting html/javascript from a third party into the trusted
area of the system.

Better to just write something nice about donations and make it easy
for people to donate - and give them the opportunity to make there
donation public (e.g. a thank you section on the home page for your
plugin)

westi
--
Peter Westwood
C53C F8FC 8796 8508 88D6 C950 54F4 5DCD A834 01C5