[wp-hackers] Load Balancing | Media Uploads to Multiple Servers

Eric Marden wp at xentek.net
Thu Jul 30 02:49:46 UTC 2009

On Jul 29, 2009, at 10:00 AM, Steve Pellham wrote:

> Is anyone aware of an existing plugin for the post editor pages and/
> or media
> gallery that would push uploaded media (images, video, etc....) to
> multiple
> servers in cases where a WP installation is load balanced?

You shouldn't have two copies of your site out there. Pick a central
location for the entire site and mount the directory from there to
both your 'Web Heads', which would include your wp-content/uploads
folder. I generally use the DB Server for this, instead of trying to
replicate mysql across both full stack LAMP boxes, and have both
instances talk to that DB on a private IP.

YMMV,

- Eric Marden
http://xentek.net/code/wordpress/