[wp-hackers] Symfony / Wordpress Integration

doki_pen doki_pen at doki-pen.org
Thu Jul 23 19:44:14 UTC 2009

I'm trying to integrate wordpress into symfony.  I'm following the advice here: http://www.theodo.fr/blog/2009/03/integrate-wordpress-into-symfony/

I'm getting the following error:

Fatal error:  Call to a member function register() on a non-object in /home/rcorsaro/storage/src/wordpress-test/apps/main/modules/blog/lib/vendor/wordpress/wp-includes/widgets.php on line 427

I'm doing this on a fresh symfony install.   If I can wordpress' index.php from the shell, it outputs properly, but when I require_once from inside my symfony controller, it gives me the widgets error.  I tried going through the code, but it moves around a lot.  Any idea why things are not being initialized properly?

using wordpress 2.8.