[wp-hackers] comment_reply_link and nofollow attribute

AdSense Templates wp-hackers at google-adsense-templates.co.uk
Wed Jul 22 11:37:16 UTC 2009

Hi,

First post here, so apologies if I do something wrong :)

Have an SEO issue with the comment_reply_link function as it creates a
link with a nofollow attribute. Have tried to get this addressed
elsewhere:

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/287704?replies=1
http://codex.wordpress.org/Talk:Template_Tags/comment_reply_link

but no joy so far and it was suggested this mailing list might be a
better place to discus this.

Rather than repeating my points at the two URLs above I'll add if
WordPress development team won't remove the nofollow attribute I'm
looking for a fix to remove it at theme level, while maintaining the
Reply links.

It's easy to remove it from /wp-includes/comment-template.php but the
themes I want to update to use the comment_reply_link function on are
sold as search engine optimized themes and adding this is anti-seo and
expecting a WordPress user to hack core WordPress files is asking a
bit too much :)

David
--
Monetize your WordPress blog with Search Engine Optimized templates
including AdSense ads http://www.google-adsense-templates.co.uk/