[wp-hackers] PHP 5.3 stress tests with WordPress - expecting a lot of emitted warnings

Lloyd Budd lloydomattic at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 18:41:13 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 4:07 AM, Matt Freedman<speedboxer at gmail.com> wrote:
> The main thing that should be changed is to stop using functions that
> were deprecated in PHP 5.3.

> This includes moving the few ereg (POSIX)
> functions to preg (Perl)

I've opened ticket #10460 ereg is deprecated in PHP 5.3
http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/10460

> putting a version check around
> set_magic_quotes_runtime() (as it is no longer necessary in PHP 5.3).

I've re-opened http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/9394

Now if someone can provide patches, we'll be almost done ;-)

Cheers,
--
Lloyd Budd | Digital Entomologist | WordPress.com VIP Services Lead
WordPress.com | WordPress.org | Automattic.com | | Skype:foolswisdom