[wp-hackers] My Plugin Breaks Posting

Alex Andrews awgandrews at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 07:50:39 UTC 2009

Hi,

Thanks for the link. I already use admin_menu as opposed to admin_init
- http://github.com/recordsonribs/ribcage/blob/525adece9855040a066aebeca9f5c50b376f0855/admin.php

Could the problem be my use of $_REQUEST to pass actions to the
administration pages of the plugin, as opposed to using
admin_action_my_action to process this? How does
admin_action_my_action work? Initially I thought this may be the case,
as the variable ribcage_action on the following was previously called
action. The plugin works, it add artists as it is supposed to, but is
this use conflicted with core functions in some way.

http://github.com/recordsonribs/ribcage/blob/525adece9855040a066aebeca9f5c50b376f0855/admin/manage.php

All the best

Alex