[wp-hackers] Inserting Google Analytics into RSS with a plugin

Joost de Valk joost at yoast.com
Thu Jul 16 08:50:23 UTC 2009

Not to plug my own work (but hey, why not) my Google Analytics for
WordPress plugin does that too:
     http://yoast.com/wordpress/google-analytics/

It has the added benefit of using # instead of ? campaign URL's when so
configured, to prevent dupe content in the search engines.

Combine that with the uber cool new Analytics 360 plugin and a slight
hack I described here:
     http://yoast.com/analytics360/

And you'll have rss click through analytics in your dashboard.

However that doesn't seem to be what you want, if you want to reliably
measure how many people read your feed through a feedreader, I can only
say one thing: forget it. FeedBurner is FAR from reliable these days.