[wp-hackers] HTTP Request API edge case

Simon Wheatley simon at sweetinteraction.com
Thu Jul 16 08:46:40 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 9:44 AM, Peter
Westwood<peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk> wrote:
>> On 7/15/2009 12:01 PM, John Blackbourn wrote:
>>> Just a quick heads up for anyone who may be using the POST method with
>>> the wp_remote_request() function in WordPress, you must ensure that
>>> POST is written in uppercase as the cURL transport method will fail
>>> otherwise (at the switch statement in WP_Http_Curl::request). Other
>>> transport methods may suffer from this too, I haven't checked.
>>>
>>> Bit of an edge case I know but I thought I would put it out there.
>>
>> Worth a patch on Trac to strtoupper to protect anyone in the future.
>>

> Maybe.
>
> Technically the method is case-sensitive:

While I absolutely agree with your reading of the RFC, in this
situation there's no realistic situation I can think of where someone
would type "post" and not mean "POST".... unless I'm missing
something?

See you at the weekend!

---
Sweet Interaction Ltd is Registered in England/Wales, no. 6610741
Registered office: 7 Malton Av, Manchester, M21 8AT