[wp-hackers] readme.txt: "Requires PHP 5 tag"

Lynne Pope lynne.pope at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 23:53:37 UTC 2009

Hardly a "big, authoritative" website, but FWIW, the reasons Mambo decided
to go PHP5 are here: http://mambo-news.org/content/view/192/34/
Mambo was not part of the gophp5.org initiative as it was still evaluating
the impact on Mambo users at that time.

The three key factors in making the move were speed and security of code,
and the benefits to development with needing to only develop and test in one
version (at least until PHP6 starts gaining traction).

Lynne