[wp-hackers] widgets and themes issue

DD32 wordpress at dd32.id.au
Sat Jan 31 08:48:05 GMT 2009

2009/1/31 Rich Pedley <elflop at googlemail.com>:
> She enabled a widget in a theme, then changed themes and found that
> that widget, Pages for example, was then no longer available for use
> in the enabled theme. She had to revert back to the old one, disable
> the widget there, change back to the new theme and re-enable it.
>
> Bug, or intended behaviour?

I think I've seen a Trac ticket for something similar.. If a Sidebar
is removed whilst it has widgets on it, Those widgets are unnavailable
for the other sidebars.

I guess maybe upon a Theme change, Any sidebars which are not
registered in the new theme need to be cleared out.. Although i
thought that might already happen..