[wp-hackers] widgets and themes issue

Rich Pedley elflop at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 30 19:03:29 GMT 2009

I don't do themes - if you've ever looked at my CSS you'll know why.
But my other 'alf does, and has been quite busy recently releasing
quite a few. She seems to have found what seems to be a fairly major
issue - but I'm not sure if it is a bug or not.

She enabled a widget in a theme, then changed themes and found that
that widget, Pages for example, was then no longer available for use
in the enabled theme. She had to revert back to the old one, disable
the widget there, change back to the new theme and re-enable it.

Bug, or intended behaviour?

Rich
--
my mind is on a permanent tangent