[wp-hackers] Making WP more secure the evolutionary way

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Tue Jan 27 07:14:08 GMT 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 8:45 PM, Mike Schinkel
<mikeschinkel at newclarity.net> wrote:
> P.S. If you advocates persist in moving in this direction, please do us a favor and at least write an query client that can understand it's syntax and allow a user to query MySQL interactively directly from your code.

That's the beauty of overloading. Remember that Zend DB stuff I was
talking about before? Using that, you can just as easily query with
SQL directly. $db->fetchAll('select whatever') works just as well
there too. The API functionality is meant to add to the base, not take
away from it. Sometimes it's better to build a query dynamically, in
parts. Sometimes, it's not.

-Otto