[wp-hackers] distinguish plugin options?

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Thu Jan 22 15:50:15 GMT 2009

Okay, I have a quandry.

I'm trying to figure out if there's any way to distinguish, in the
wp_options table, core WordPress options from options set by plugins.
The only way I can think to do this is to (shudder) maintain a list of
WP Core options, and if a particular option isn't on that list it must
be from a plugin.

That isn't a very good solution because it's fragile and manpower
intensive -- I would have to maintain that list vigilantly and
basically forever....

Does anyone else have any suggestion as to how this might be
accomplished?

This all relates to my Virtual Multiblog system -- a commenter on my
blog had what I thought was an excellent idea, but I don't see how to
implement it well, unless I can distinguish third-party options from
core.  Here's a link to the original discussion:

http://striderweb.com/nerdaphernalia/?p=236&cp=1#comment-2133

Stephen