[wp-hackers] Gravatar + Feed integration for avatars on Planets

Jeremy Visser jeremy.visser at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 01:07:04 GMT 2009

On Wed, 2009-01-21 at 20:15 +1000, Ryan McCue wrote:
> IMHO, this should be done on the aggregator end. I'm not sure if WP does
> so, but feeds can specify an email address in the author element (for
> each item for RSS [1], otherwise or in the feed element itself in Atom
> [2] ), and Planet could work from that.

In which case, my suggestion would become that.

I would say "Let's implement it" right now, but I'm a little concerned
about putting an e-mail address in plain text in the feed. Obfuscation
wouldn't work, as that would stop them from being parsed into Gravatar
URLs.

Any ideas?

--
Jeremy Visser                                 http://jeremy.visser.name/