[wp-hackers] www top no-www redirection?

Austin Matzko if.website at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 11:52:12 GMT 2009

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 2:16 AM, dave jaggy <jayarjo at gmail.com> wrote:
> I do a redirection to www.*.com and then
> SOMETHING (don't know what or where) does redirection back to no-www
> version of page name. But that's half trouble again - IT does 302
> temporary redirect... huh?
>
> I'm not sure what does that or where. It could be something in apache
> conf, something in .htaccess or even in wordpress. I just want to make
> sure that that's not something that WP core does by itself.

This behavior is done by WordPress core [1].  WordPress will redirect
to whatever  is specified by the "home" option, which is called "Blog
address (URL)" on the Settings > General admin page.

For future support issues, please go to the WordPress support forums
[2].  This mailing list is meant to be concerned with WP development
issues.

[1] http://markjaquith.wordpress.com/2007/09/25/wordpress-23-canonical-urls/
[2] http://wordpress.org/support/