[wp-hackers] URIs ending like p=20090118

jidanni at jidanni.org jidanni at jidanni.org
Sat Jan 17 23:22:55 GMT 2009

Gentlemen, I will do my first WordPress installation soon and wish to
make URIs ending like p=20090118. I.e., one can still see there's a
date there -- and at the same time I won't need any .htaccess file.
(Just one less thing that can go wrong.)

So my question is can I force WordPress to assign "p" numbers like I
choose? Any big deal that there will be a big gaps in p numbers, as my
Mom's http://jidanni.org/abj/articles/ that I will import don't come
close to once a day. I suppose I will make a script that fakes some
standard export format in order to import those articles with my faked
p numbers.