[wp-hackers] custom permalinks, paged content and a 404

Kai Sommer lists at i-sommer.de
Sat Jan 17 09:54:59 GMT 2009

Dear "hackers",

today I detect a small problem with my blog (at http://sokai.name/blog/).

I hope someone can help me. I googled around and read a lot of similar
problems - but nothing fixed my issue.

Here are my facts...

options-general.php
  (domain: http://sokai.name)
  WP URL: http://sokai.name
  blog URL: http://sokai.name

options-permalink.php
  custom permalinks: /blog/%postname%/
  category base: blog/kategorie
  tag base: blog/tag

options-reading.php:
  static pages
    start: "Willkommen!" (slug = "sokainame")
    blog: "Blog" (slug = "blog")
  show posts: 4

For my page "Blog" I used a page template that catches all posts from my
category 31 and shows the last 4 posts correctly.
But if I click "Older Entries" I get an 404 Error at the
URL "http://sokai.name/blog/page/2/". I think I have correcly set my
preferences to show the next 4 posts at this URL and don't know how and what
I could change.

The paged content with archives, eg.
under "http://sokai.name/blog/2007/01/page/2/", are shown like I expect...

Thanks a lot fpr your reply.
sokai

PS:
I'm German and the above values are translated for you with small knowledge of
the correct english words. *sryme*

--
Kai Sommer | Schopenhauerstraße 29
14467 Potsdam | http://i-sommer.de