[wp-hackers] Plugin Upgrade Failing when using Subversion

DD32 wordpress at dd32.id.au
Fri Jan 16 02:17:16 GMT 2009

2009/1/16 Mike Schinkel <mikeschinkel at newclarity.net>:
> That said, the admin console really needs a "Pin the Plugin to this Version and do not ask about upgrading?"  It would also be good if upgrades could be presented as bug-fix-only upgrades vs. feature upgrades.  These are things I might tackle.

Its possible for plugins to offer that sort of information if they
want to.. just not via the core, It also requires a bit of fiddling in
the readme's and the plugin parser, as well as the API for that sort
of thing in core.. and its likely to be very little used.. All of my
plugins present the user a list of the contents of the changelog when
an upgrade is available, granted, it doesnt offer the user the ability
to ignore it (Simply because, whenever I ever get a support request,
upgrading to the latest version fixes their problem, even if it wasnt
a bug in the first place).

The headspace2 plugin also does it (Its where i got my inspiration
from), I've been meaning to write a blog posting on how to achieve
it..