[wp-hackers] Plugin Upgrade Failing when using Subversion

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at newclarity.net
Fri Jan 16 01:56:19 GMT 2009

>> Empty your repository at svn.wp-plugins.org

I totally don't follow you. Are you assuming I'm using svn.wp-plugins.org?  I'm not.

And why would I need to go to that trouble when I'm looking at an admin console that says "Upgrade me!"?  My use of Subversion is orthogonal to upgrading at the admin console.

That said, the admin console really needs a "Pin the Plugin to this Version and do not ask about upgrading?"  It would also be good if upgrades could be presented as bug-fix-only upgrades vs. feature upgrades.  These are things I might tackle.

-Mike Schinkel
http://mikeschinkel.com/