[wp-hackers] Wanted: venue for WordCamp UK 2009

Aaron Brazell emmensetech at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 18:11:10 GMT 2009

Why don't you approach a University? In my experience with PodCamps,
WordCamps and BarCamps, the best events are held at Universities. Many times
they will give you their space for virtually nothing! For instance, we are
doing WordCamp Mid-Atlantic at University of Baltimore. PodCamp Philly was
held at Drexel Univ in 2007 and Temple in 2008. The worst events are held in
corporate space, IMHO. There's usually too many security issues (can't have
walk ups, gotta have badges, etc) and they aren't as cozy.

Food for thought.
--
Aaron Brazell
web:: www.technosailor.com