[wp-hackers] Add a button to TinyMCE to add p.class

Andrew Ozz admin at laptoptips.ca
Mon Jan 12 06:37:35 GMT 2009

Jeremy Clarke wrote:
> Omg would I also love someone to make this something I can add to WP
> easily. Even just having a template for a  "tinymce plugin" (i.e. the
> mce plugin rather than the wp plugin that would be used to inject the
> mce plugin)...

The template is in the TinyMCE manual. Have a look at
http://wiki.moxiecode.com/index.php/TinyMCE:Create_plugin/3.x

Also have a look at the API, specifically the DOMUtils class:
http://wiki.moxiecode.com/index.php/TinyMCE:API/tinymce.dom.DOMUtils

And of course download the full TinyMCE and have a look at the included
plugins. There are a few examples of adding a button that would do
simple addClass to the parent P tag.