[wp-hackers] I need some help with a very different theme...

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 04:52:15 GMT 2009

"Alister Cameron" <alister at alistercameron.com> wrote:
> I've been working on my new Vanilla theme, feverishly for a
> few weeks, and it's time to call in the assistance of hard-code
> coders :)  What makes Vanilla unique is -- at the least -- that it
> incorporates a full-blown templating engine, and as a
> consequence can do some amazing things.

Alister:

Very interesting.

I've used Thesis on a project and very much would like to see an effort to
move forward to create a set of (semi-)standardized hooks for themes like in
Thesis so we can start working with  'theming frameworks" instead of just
themes.  But having a system that many themers adopt as opposed to just one
theme-specific hooks is key as is having it GPL (which is the "Anti-Thesis,"
no pun intended. Well, sort of.)

For the next month I'm booked solid but would be very interested in working
on something that would move forward a standard theming hook system forward.

-Mike Schinkel
http://mikeschinkel.com/custom-wordpress-plugins/