[wp-hackers] Help with the API on WordPress.org?

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 15:41:45 GMT 2009

"Otto" <otto at ottodestruct.com> wrote:
> The MIME type of application/vnd.php.serialized is the
> one I see used in most places where serialized PHP is
> used. It's a data structure, similar to JSON in terms
> of scope and usage.

Very interesting, and thank you for the follow up!
I'd prefer a non-"vnd" subtype because having one implies that it is vendor
specific, but whatever the case it would be nice to have a "standard" one.

I found mention of a registration for "application/vnd.php.serialized" by
googling at
http://www.alvestrand.no/pipermail/ietf-types/2004-August/001259.html  Not
sure of the status of this; I unfortunately don't have the time today to
research but I've cc'd its author in hopes that he can shed some light?
Hopefully there will have been/can be some traction in this.

-Mike Schinkel
http://mikeschinkel.com/
P.S. Also, if this is the "preferred" MIME type for serialized PHP would you
agree that web services returning it such as at
http://api.wordpress.comshould be using it?