[wp-hackers] **Somewhat OT** Forum options

Rich Pedley elflop at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 26 18:46:20 GMT 2009

I know a few people have integrated PunBB, and perhaps less so FluxBB
with WordPress sites.

I hesitate when suggesting bbpress these days - I feel that the
current implementations to be less than user friendy - missing
standard forum components. But it does depend on what use the forum is
being put to.

Don't forget (bringing this vaguely back on topic) threaded comments -
these can be used in place of some forums quite easily. I'm beginning
to wonder whether I should move some of my 'support' forums over to
them as some are rarely utilised.

--
my mind is on a permanent tangent
http://cms.elfden.co.uk/