[wp-hackers] **Somewhat OT** Forum options

Dan Coulter dan at dancoulter.com
Thu Feb 26 17:57:18 GMT 2009

I know this is kind of off topic, but I know some of you have probably dealt
with this before and I couldn't easily find anything in the list archives.
Feel free to reply to me directly.

A client of mine is currently using WordPress with Vanilla Forums.  He feels
like Vanilla isn't really cutting it for integration and ease of
management.  His forums are very active, but he hardly ever visits it
anymore.  His wish list is basically a robust, permanent forum solution
(vague enough for you?), integrated logins between it and WordPress, and
hopefully a migration path (but not a requirement, and I can always help him
with that).

So I'm curious what other people have done.  I'm definitely going to look
into using bbPress, but if that isn't the best solution, he and I are
definitely flexible.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.

--
Dan Coulter
http://dancoulter.com/

Hey, I got nothing to do today but smile
-Simon and Garfunkel