[wp-hackers] Duplicate key=value pairs in wp_postmeta

aesqe aesqe at skyphe.org
Thu Feb 26 15:27:40 GMT 2009

i think this is the right behavior - how else would a plugin like
flutter have grouped custom fields?

i don't know how many of you are familiar with flutter, but here's an
example:

let's say you have a group called reviews, and that group can be duplicated.

let's say that it has three fields:

* reviewer_name
* reviewer_magazine
* review_text

and if two journalists from the same magazine write a review about that
particular post (which is actually a book, or a movie, etc)

then too, you'd have the same situation:

*meta_id*  *post_id*  *meta_key *		*meta_value*
   001          001     reviewer_magazine	    bar
   002          001     reviewer_magazine	    bar

and flutter has its own table in which it stores relations between
custom fields and groups, so this works jus fine.

--
Skyphe.org : It'll all make sense one day