[wp-hackers] Improving the mailing list. (Was Auto Update Plugins)

Jacob Santos wordpress at santosj.name
Sat Feb 21 23:25:49 GMT 2009

I forgot to mention that I hate marketers (as well as telemarketers, but
for different reasons). The issue that once something logical goes to
marketing, they make it illogical in most cases. It is one of the
reasons I'll never call a function a template tag, when it has to do
with templates. I'll always say, "Just use this function the_ID() to
display the post ID." If they come back and counter, "That is a template
tag." I'll say, "NO! It is a function." If it is a matter of semantics,
then the semantics are crappy and needs redefinition.

I prefer "Beautiful Code" as the slogan, but then people tell me I need
to get a girlfriend. Although, I'll probably start using, "You're as
beautiful as code." (which can mean both, "You're as ugly as sin." or
"You have no equal in beauty on this Earth or beyond it." Which probably
won't translate well, if the female isn't a programmer and doesn't
realize it is the latter and not the former. Confusion also works, then
knock the woman out with a large blunt object and drag her away to your
lair.

If I have offended any female on this list, then I don't apologize, or
at least not unless it is over a candlelit dinner with some guy playing
some guitar type thing.

Jacob Santos