[wp-hackers] Improving the mailing list. (Was Auto Update Plugins)

zamoose at gmail.com zamoose at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 16:39:44 GMT 2009

On Feb 21, 2009 10:36am, "Michael E. Hancock" <justmichaelh at gmail.com>
wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Stephen Rider"
> wp-hackers at striderweb.com>

> Who are the other core committers?

> Matt, Ryan, Peter, and Andrew, that I know of.

You forgot Mark Jaquith.

`svn log | awk '/^r[0-9]/{ print $3 }' | less` from inside your SVN co'd WP
install will show you all committers' usernames in reverse chronological
order of last checked in.

Recent trails are of the ryan/westi/markjaquith/azaozz vintage, with a few
matt's thrown in for good measure and if you look far enough back,
mikelittle, donncha, rob1n, dougal, and alex_t_king even make appearances.

(Taking input for `sort` is fabulously slow if you're using STDOUT output,
so do the following to find all unique committers:

$ svn log | awk '/^r[0-9]/{ print $3 }' > /tmp/wpcommitters.txt
$ cat /tmp/wpcommitters.txt | sort | uniq

And, if you want stats, do the following:

$ for i in `cat /tmp/wpcommitters.txt | sort | uniq`
> do
> echo "${i} `grep $i /tmp/wpcommitters.txt | wc -l`"
> done

[snipped one garbage entry]
alex_t_king 83
azaozz 437
donncha 31
dougal 1
emc3 110
jverber 23
markjaquith 609
matt 1904
michelvaldrighi 214
mikelittle 237
rboren 465
rob1n 255
ryan 4422
saxmatt 1200
uid26904 1
westi 412

Boom. Number of commits per commit user in /branches/2.7. /trunk shows the
following stats:

alex_t_king 83
azaozz 536
donncha 31
dougal 1
emc3 110
jverber 23
markjaquith 610
matt 1905
michelvaldrighi 214
mikelittle 237
rboren 465
rob1n 255
ryan 4504
saxmatt 1200
uid26904 1
westi 436

Ryan still has a commanding lead, regardless.

-Doug
http://literalbarrage.org/blog/