[wp-hackers] Improving the mailing list. (Was Auto Update Plugins)

Peter Westwood peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk
Fri Feb 20 22:31:35 GMT 2009

Hi All,

I wanted to change the subject of this thread to better reflect the
current discussion.

I think what this mailing list needs to do is to try and follow the
follow list of ideals (intentionally not complete):

  * Focus on the technical aspects in the discussion.
  * Think about the users - not just what you think is right - It is
very hard for a developer to understand the end-users viewpoint.
  * Address real world problems
  * Provide examples - if there is something you think you can't do
shows us what you have tried to do, shows the plugin/core code you
have written that you can't get to work.
  * Try to avoid arriving with a just a solution.  You need to be able
to express the end-user issue as well as the reasoning as to why the
solution you propose matches it best.
  * Work with the project philosophy not against it
  * Release early, release often - If you have an idea that you think
is core worthy raise a trac ticket write a simple patch which
demonstrates the solution
  * Avoid bikesheding

You friendly core committer, patches always welcome.

westi
--
Peter Westwood
C53C F8FC 8796 8508 88D6 C950 54F4 5DCD A834 01C5