[wp-hackers] Auto Update Plugins

Michael E. Hancock justmichaelh at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 18:16:49 GMT 2009

From: "Ozh"
> For what it's worth, I don't think we need another list

Agreed--and the same problems would be seen on another list.

Since this mailing list has no moderator, and I'm not suggesting such
either, maybe trolls and noise-generators need to be contacted off-list to
ask them to tone it down.  If done in a responsible manner that might get
some results.

If you've followed this list over the years, there's been a number of
personalities exit because of signal-to-noise ratio.  I've mourned the loss
of good participants in the past, but understand their frustration.

Many devs, including most committer capable devs, follow this list, and
participate.  Since this list is somewhat of a barometer of the plugin
community, I would like to think ANY dev involved with WordPress would at
least follow this list, even if they don't participate.

Just now, Daniel Torreblanca, in another post to this thread, wondered if he
joined the wrong list.  I don't think he has joined the wrong list!  This is
the only wordpress.ORG supported list that delves into a broad range of the
technical details of WordPress.  Let's not ruin it now.

So without blathering endlessly, let me thank dd32 and Viper for their
contributions to this list.  You've been amazing!  To the other great
contributors, thank you.  You do the community proud, and no price can be
put on the value of what you provide the rest of us.

MichaelH