[wp-hackers] Auto Update Plugins

Will Anderson wp-hackers at itsananderson.com
Fri Feb 20 16:20:01 GMT 2009

Maybe it would help if someone changed the wp-hackers description in the
Codex <http://codex.wordpress.org/Mailing_Lists> as well.The description
actually does seem to indicate that discussions about what should be added
to core belong in wp-hackers.
Maybe it just needs to be worded differently.

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 11:15 AM, scribu <scribu at gmail.com> wrote:

> How about if we ban all discussion that go like "We should add this to
> core"?
>
> There is the Ideas section on WP.org for that.
>
> On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 5:00 PM, Kim Parsell <kparsell-wp at kpdesign.net
> >wrote:
>
> > +100. I'm also sad to see them leave this list.
> >
> > I subscribed to this list, in part, to learn more about WordPress than
> what
> > is available via the Codex. There are a lot of great people on this list
> who
> > contribute a wealth of knowledge for free that help folks like me without
> > even knowing it.
> >
> > I'm not a major contributor here. In fact, I've very rarely participated
> in
> > a discussion, but I appreciate having the opportunity to learn from some
> of
> > best and brightest in the WordPress community.
> >
> > My only hope is that this list can get back (somehow) to being what it
> was
> > when I joined.
> >
> > Just my 3 cents worth...
> >
> > Kim

> >> couple of weeks, but I'm particularly sad that 2 of the most brilliant
> >> and needed contributors here are eventually doing it.
> >>
> >> <15 mn hesitation goes here>
> >> After all no I'm not going to point my finger at anyone that would
> >> just start *yet another* wasteful and pointless thread.
> >>
> >> This really sucks.

> --
> http://scribu.net

Will Anderson