[wp-hackers] Auto Update Plugins

Matt Martz mdmartz at sivel.net
Thu Feb 19 17:08:29 GMT 2009

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 12:03 PM, Mike Schinkel
<mikeschinkel at newclarity.net> wrote:
> Can this also address failing plugin upgrade because of read-only .svn directories?
>
> -Mike Schinkel
> http://mikeschinkel.com/

I'll way in with my opinion again.

My feeling is that if you have a plugin that was installed with
subversion then you should not use the plugin updater to update but
should use subversion.  Or you should remove the .svn directories
after retrieving the plugin with subversion and before using the
plugin updater.

I just don't think this is a shortcoming of the plugin updater but in
your poor use of subversion to retrieve plugins.

-1

--
Matt Martz
matt at sivel.net