[wp-hackers] Auto Update Plugins

Peter Westwood peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk
Thu Feb 19 07:48:13 GMT 2009

So when a security issue is fixed in a plugin which doesn't support
you mechanism and the fix involved deleting a file - the update leaves
the security hole behind.

Plugins shouldn't be expecting to store user confit in the plugin
directory.

It is seperate info - if you want to make it easy for people to style
you plugin output in the front end then you should be making it easy
for a theme to do that not encouraging users to store that styling in
the plugin dir.

Westi
--
Peter Westwood