[wp-hackers] how to cache w/ php in WP templates

Chris Jean gaarai at gaarai.com
Wed Feb 18 20:45:21 GMT 2009

I haven't had a large amount of experience with Super Cache, but I do
have a bit.

To my knowledge, you can't have any server-side processing occur with
Super Cache since it merely provides static files. Since these are
static files, the entire WordPress code stack is bypassed and no code at
all is executed.

The way to introduce dynamic elements with Super Cache is with
client-side scripting. To quote the FAQ:

    "Other dynamic elements on a page may not update unless they are
    written in Javascript, Flash, Java or another client side browser
    language. The plugin really produces static html pages. No PHP is
    executed when those pages are served."

Chris Jean
http://gaarai.com/
http://wp-roadmap.com/