[wp-hackers] Canonical integration into core

mikeschinkel at newclarity.net mikeschinkel at newclarity.net
Wed Feb 18 17:03:04 GMT 2009

It may not be "native" to WordPress but it is a very common sourcing
technique people use. This allows them to track sources using their
ISP's log reports. There are many reasons why people tag params to
URLs and this disussion is ignoring that.

And nobody besides me seems to want to address how it might be used
outside of search engines, like at Digg, Delicious, etc.

Not being "native" to WordPress seems to be a rather myopic
justification. HTTP isn't native to WordPress but we still need to
utilize best practices regarding HTTP.

NOT including rel="canonical" means competing and certainly
incompatible plugin implementations. At least there needs to me a
standard filter for generating it.

-Mike

Sent from my iPhone