[wp-hackers] Auto Update Plugins

Chris Williams chris at clwill.com
Tue Feb 17 23:06:45 GMT 2009

But the last thing I would want is a plugin (or anything for that matter)
dropping unexpected things into my theme directory...

To get back up to the original question, the point was to have a way to
insure that a plugin update wouldn't trash customized content.  This example
(below) seems like a great one.  And it seems like the /plugin-data
(wherever its root turns out to be) is a pretty good idea.  Analogous to the
wp-content tree, "don't trash me on an update".