[wp-hackers] Canonical & Best Practices for Paged Comment

scribu scribu at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 19:04:06 GMT 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 7:21 PM, Mike Schinkel
<mikeschinkel at newclarity.net>wrote:

> Ideally if someone leaves a comment on page 2 with terms unique to other
> comments and also on in the post content that URL should show up somewhere
> in Google's index for those terms.

Well, that would be the whole point of rel="canonical", IMHO. Otherwise, you
could just add a <meta name="robots" content="noindex"> in the page header
and be done with it.

P.S. It would seem what is also needed is for Google to recognize a <div
> rel="noindex"> so that for comment pages 2 thru "N" we could wrap the post
> content with that tag, no?

Yes, that would come in extra handy.

--
http://scribu.net