[wp-hackers] Auto Update Plugins

scribu scribu at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 18:50:41 GMT 2009

A php file isn't detected as a plugin unless it has a plugin header with /*
Plugin Name etc. */ so there shouldn't be any problem.

You could even create a child plugin header to be parsed by the parent
plugin:

/*
Child Plugin Name: Spam Karma Extenden
Child Plugin Parent: Spam Karma
*/

I think the best name would be /wp-content/plugin-data/ because dashes are
used everywhere instead of spaces or underscores.

http://scribu.net