[wp-hackers] allow opting out of WordPress SmartQuotes

Peter Westwood peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk
Mon Feb 16 21:51:42 GMT 2009

On 16 Feb 2009, at 19:43, Thomas Scholz wrote:

> Am 16.02.2009, 16:16 Uhr, schrieb Stephen Rider <wp-hackers at striderweb.com
> >:
>>
>> Discussion 2: Hard coding things such as the type of quotes used,
>> and using foreign language quotes as faux-arrows, is a disservice
>> to non-English speaking users.
>
> Thank you for clearing this out.
>
> I reported a bug for the second case:
> http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/9150

The correct place to discuss this as well would be the wp-polyglots
list so as to get input from the translations teams.

Whatever change we make for this needs to fit in with the translations.

And they will most likely know what the problem chars are.

westi
--
Peter Westwood
C53C F8FC 8796 8508 88D6 C950 54F4 5DCD A834 01C5