[wp-hackers] Canonical integration into core

Nathan Rice ncrice at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 21:22:34 GMT 2009

Not to be the voice of dissent, but:
-1 from me ...

I don't see why this needs to be a core function.  Just like I don't think
the WP version should be generated BY DEFAULT in the wp_head action, I don't
think this should be core either.  How about just letting the user define
what they want in their theme source?

In reality, this is an SEO function, which should be up to the theme to
implement, not a plugin OR core functionality.  It's frivolous.

My Website
http://www.nathanrice.net/

My Twitter
http://twitter.com/nathanrice