[wp-hackers] Feed date format and locale not using blog settings. Bug or feature?

Heiko Rabe heiko.rabe at code-styling.de
Thu Feb 12 02:23:49 GMT 2009

Please have a look at "RSS Specifications for Creation of Rhode Island
Government Information Exchange Feeds"

http://www.ri.gov/rex/downloads/RSSelements.pdf

Several goverments take care about language field of RSS (use google an
you will find a lot f) and also refere to W3C who states, that not only
the "en-us" is valid but all languages also meet HTML lang fields.
HTML is a subset of XML family and RSS too. so all of them have to
publish their correct language they depend on even if no reader is
interested!

This leads to supporting at least a filter for WordPress RSS feed, so
user can make the decision if the pass it back to WordPress or if they
modify it depending on feeds content (in term of multi-ligual blogs).

This force only "en-us" is not the way it should be.

regards

Heiko