[wp-hackers] about wp.com stats

Jeremy Clarke jer-wphackers at simianuprising.com
Wed Feb 11 20:12:03 GMT 2009

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 2:28 PM, Malaiac <malaiac at gmail.com> wrote:
> this plugin http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/stats/
> all other self-hosted statistics plugins are bound to fail in the long run
>
> But is there any way to push the stats back on the front end (like the
> simple wp-postviews plugin) ?
> Purpose : displaying best posts, views per post, etc.

If we're making requests for wp.com stats it would  make a HUGE
difference to me if it was possible to change a setting to make the
stats available to anyone logged into the admin of the self-hosted
wordpress site. Currently its garbage for any site that wants to make
its dashboard stats available to more than one person without sharing
a wordpress.com account.

This is actually related to the above request in that its the same
basic issue (i think): the stats are currently tied to a logged in
wordpress.com account rather than having the site access the files on
its own.

Obviously Automattic has no responsibility to satisfy our needs, it
would just be nice :)

--
Jeremy Clarke
Code and Design | globalvoicesonline.org