[wp-hackers] Improve community features on wordpress.org/trac

Barry Abrahamson barry at automattic.com
Mon Feb 9 01:27:39 GMT 2009

On Feb 6, 2009, at 12:38 PM, Beau Lebens wrote:

>> Another -1.
>> Theming trac would just create extra work for no real benefit. Trac
>> is
>> designed for functionality and this is all that is needed in any
>> tracker.
>
> Valid points all -- thanks for the contribs.
>
> Consider me convinced. I guess part of what drove me to make these
> suggestions was the lack of profile information on trac.

There is some work being done to create "global profiles" on
WordPress.org.  This would integrate your activity on various forums
(bbpress, WP, buddypress, etc), trac, svn, etc.  IIRC it is almost
working.  I will try to take another look at it this week.

--
Barry Abrahamson | Systems Wrangler | Automattic
Blog: http://barry.wordpress.com