[wp-hackers] More finely-grained permissions

Malaiac malaiac at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 15:06:16 GMT 2009

2009/2/6 Dino Termini <dino at duechiacchiere.it>:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I see there is a big momentum in this list about new features, so I'd like
> to add my 2 cents. It would be nice to have a more finely-grained permission
> system, allowing admins to associate priviledges on a per-page/post basis.
> In other words, here is the scenario I have in mind:
>
> - you have a post whose owner is "user01"
> - you have other 2 users (user02, user03) in wordpress
>
> I would like to be able to give ONLY user01 (the owner) and user02 a "write
> access" to that post, while user03 shouldn't be allowed to modify it
> (read-only). As far as I know, there are no plugins to do this. Role Manager

For a project I'm working on, I mixed some ideas from "co authors" and
"user acces" plugins, to have, foreach post :
an author who can do evtg but publish
an editor who can edit and publish
the editor_id being a custom field to the post
(actually, the author can manage his drafts and posts, and submit them
to edition,
then the editor edits and submit them to publication,
then the main editor "Secretaire de rédaction" - english term may be
Main Editor ? - publish them)

The permission system seems quite complicated to me, and pushing some
internals closer to the back end could be good.

Malaiac