[wp-hackers] Proposal: Twitter Support in Core

Jeremy Clarke jer-wphackers at simianuprising.com
Wed Feb 4 20:13:11 GMT 2009

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 3:06 PM, mrmist <listswphackers at mist.org.uk> wrote:
> In message <24351554.1161233776917464.JavaMail.DELL-1405$@Dell-1405>, Mike
> Schinkel <mikeschinkel at newclarity.net> writes
>>
>> Thanks. I guess I really don't understand Codex. It's a wiki?  Does anyone
>> police it?

zomg. The codex is the collaborative documentation for Wordpress. It
has lots of problems because no one is really paid to make sure its
complete, but it tends to have most of the stuff that regular users
need to get going with wordpress (its mostly the dev articles that are
missing for new additions to core and stuff like that).

This whole conversation is pretty insane if you didn't know about the
Codex and its purpose, because it is the main place where API docs are
created and maintained. The problems we have with policing the  API
are 1) people don't read the codex and have incomplete knowledge of
the API as a result and 2) the codex is incomplete and so people have
to read the source to get full knowledge of the API. It is a key tool
in the War on Bad Code.

--
Jeremy Clarke
Code and Design | globalvoicesonline.org