[wp-hackers] Proposal: Twitter Support in Core

Austin Matzko if.website at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 19:02:11 GMT 2009

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 12:36 PM, Mike Schinkel
<mikeschinkel at newclarity.net> wrote:
>> There is Twitter support in core, more or less.
>
> There's not enough support in the core because all the Twitter modules I looked at implement it differently and none share any code.
> And the most popular one (MyTwitter) is not robust.

The fact that plugin authors have different approaches or may be
unaware of core features (or possibly just want to support older
versions of WP without those features) says little about core itself.

If you don't like any of the current Twitter plugins, you can make
your own or hire someone else to do so.   So far you haven't mentioned
anything that the core API prevents you from doing with such a plugin,
so there' s no reason to think this is a core issue.