[wp-hackers] CDN Integration?

Peter van der Does peter at avirtualhome.com
Tue Feb 3 03:46:38 GMT 2009

On Mon, 2 Feb 2009 20:54:14 -0600 (CST)
Mike Schinkel <mikeschinkel at newclarity.net> wrote:

> Hmm. Interesting. But that won't work because the PHP files need to
> be on the local server and not on CDN.
>
> If there were some way set a subdir of the theme, i.e.:
>
>    /wp-content/themes/my-theme/media-assets/
>
> Do you know of a way to do that?
>
> -Mike Schinkel
> http://mikeschinkel.com/

No, without a plugin I don't think it's possible I don't BUT you can do
another solution.

Use ReWrite Rules:
RewriteEngine On
ReWriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !limelight\.com [NC]
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} !no-serve$
RewriteRule
^http://www.\foo\.com/wp-content/themes/my-theme/media-assets/(.*)$
http://whatever.limelight.network.is/and/maybe/subs/$1 [R,L]

Ok this involves a few assumptions :)
Limelight  uses limelight.com (i believe it's llnwd.com) and in the
query it states no-serve when they don't have the content.

I think you get the idea.

--
Peter van der Does

GPG key: E77E8E98

WordPress Plugin Developer
http://blog.avirtualhome.com

GetDeb Package Builder/GetDeb Site Coder
http://www.getdeb.net - Software you want for Ubuntu