[wp-hackers] Less than Core, More than Plugins/Themes: Proposing Optional Modules.

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at newclarity.net
Tue Feb 3 00:25:49 GMT 2009

Those exact dependency issues are already concerns with the core vs. existing plugins and themes. This proposal doesn't modify those concerns at all.

The modules would be versions with the core.  Modules could come out after a core update was released but would be associated with the current release. Version control can handle all that nicely.

-Mike Schinkel
http://mikeschinkel.com/